Triple Threat: A DIY Face Mask to Cleanse, Exfoliate and Brighten Your Complexion
Posted Wednesday January 16, 2013 12:39 PM GMT
Achieving a flawless complexion in the dead of winter has never been easier! Behold, the Oatmeal Mask.
This DIY concoction kicks all seasonal beauty blunders to the curb with its three mega-beneficial ingredients: oatmeal, almond milk, and honey.
Oatmeal’s grainy texture works to gently exfoliate skin, lifting dirt and grime from pores. Almond milk possesses essential vitamins and fatty acids that sloth off those cells, revealing a smoother, suppler outer layer.
Lastly, the anti-aging/anti-oxidant qualities of honey aid the skin in releasing toxins and enhancing its glow – restoring everything back to its former radiant glory.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- Heat the almond milk and oatmeal on medium heat until the two form a thick consistency.
- Allow the mixture to cool. Then, add the honey.
- While still warm (not hot), massage the mask onto your face and leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
*Apply once a week.
By Jessica Bruno