Revived & Refreshed: Treat Yourself to a Pomegranate and Green Tea Facial Peel
Posted Wednesday May 30, 2012 11:10 AM GMT
Our faces brave a multitude of elements throughout the day from the environment and the sun; both have enormous effects on our skin.
Not to mention the toll stress takes on our complexion as well – hello blemishes and wrinkles!
So, in order to combat some of these detriments robbing us of a youthful outer layer, we need to take things into our own hands and treat our skin to a little TLC time. We’ve whipped together a fabulous facial peel that’ll help you do just that – a pomegranate and green tea facial peel.
This particular peel is chocked full of beneficial ingredients that will lend your skin all the nourishment it needs to radiate to its fullest potential. Pomegranate is great for replenishing dry skin and aids in the reduction of wrinkles. Green tea is known for its antioxidants properties that also help in fighting premature aging. Together, these two items will renew skin and lead you to the fresh glow you crave.
*Only apply to face 1 – 2 times a week.
What you’ll need:
- 1 Fresh Pomegranate
- 2 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- A Tea Cup Full of Green Tea
- Start to brew the green tea, add in tea bags and let steep.
- While you have that going, pull off 40-45 seeds from the pomegranate. Mush them together in a small bowl until you’re left with approximately 4 – 5 tsp of juice.
- Add 2 tsp green tea to the pomegranate juice.
- Add in 2 tsp lemon juice.
- Stir mixture well and allow to cool completely.
- Take a generous amount of the liquid into your hands and smooth all over your face, neck and décolletage areas (make sure all have been cleansed).
- Leave on face for 10 – 15 minutes, mask will harden.
- Use a warm washcloth to remove the mask when done.
- Be sure to moisturize!