Blackheads, Be Gone!: DIY Pore Cleansing Strips
Posted Friday March 16, 2012 3:41 PM GMT
Blackheads. We’ve all got them and boy, do we all hate them.
These unsightly little suckers tend to pop up whenever and wherever they please, reeking havoc on our unsuspecting complexions.
There are a slew of products on the market that promise a quick fix when it comes to blackheads. While, sure, some of them do work, it seems silly to spend money on teeny tiny strips when you can - drum roll please - make them yourself! We’ve got a little concoction you can whip up at home that will lend you the same results as drugstore remedies.
*Be sure to wash your face beforehand!
What you’ll need:
- 1 disposable cup
- Either an old makeup brush or Q-tip to use for application
- 1-Tblsp unflavored gelatin
- 1 ½ - 2 Tbsps. milk (any kind)
- Pour 1 tablespoon of unflavored gelatin into the disposable container.
- Then, add the milk. Stir until it becomes a chunky consistency.
- Now, put in the microwave for 10 - 15 seconds; it will become creamy.
- Once done, stir the mixture quickly and then immediately apply to your face’s affected area - hurry, it dries fast!
- Wait for approximately 15 minutes while the mask hardens. Then, peel it off your face. Be sure to moisturize afterwards!