Beat Those Breakouts with this DIY Tomato-Lemon Face Mask
Posted Tuesday August 21, 2012 8:46 AM GMT
Tomato…tomatoe? Who cares.
No matter how you pronounce the name of this savory fruit (yes fruit, it’s actually not a veggie – fact!), it undoubtedly has incredible benefits for your body inside and out – especially in the acne department.
You already know that drinking plenty of water throughout your day can help to beat breakouts. However, are you aware of the fact that the lycopene contained within tomatoes helps skin to naturally clear itself of dead cells and other nastiness that clogs pores?
If you’re interested in seeing a tomato work its magic on your complexion, then simply whip up this fabulous DIY face mask. After just one use, you’ll notice a cleaner and clearer complexion!
Take note: This mask contains lemon juice, which is OK to use on face while dealing with a breakout. However, if you have cracked skin we suggest you wait, as the citric acid in the lemon juice can and will irritate skin. Also, lemon juice causes skin to become sensitive to light. So, we suggest applying this mask at night to allow skin enough time to become ready to sun exposure without any threat of it burning.
Duly noted? Ok, let’s get started!
What you’ll need:
- 1 Teaspoon rolled oats
- 1 Tomato (about the size of your fist)
- 1 Teaspoon lemon juice
- A blender or food processor for mixing
- Put the oats into the blender or food processor and blend until it forms a powder.
- Add in the tomato and lemon juice and blend until ingredients make a smooth consistency.
- Apply mask to CLEAN face and allow to sit on skin for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Use a warm, damp wash cloth to wipe off. Moisturize afterwards.
By: Jessica Bruno