10 Different Pieces, 10 Different Outfits: Mix ‘n Match Classics with New Must-Haves
Posted Tuesday July 10, 2012 8:38 AM GMT
When you’re stocking your clothing arsenal, you should think of every new addition as an investment.
While yes, a few spontaneous retail therapy sessions may have left you with some splurge purchases; the majority of your clothing collection should consist of foundational pieces that can be interchanged to make for a number of different ensembles fitting for work, play and beyond!
In our opinion, there are 10 basics that every gal should have on hand in her closet…
- A white t-shirt (V-neck or crewneck – depends on personal preference)
- A black t-shirt
- A neutral-colored sleeveless top
- Denim skinny jeans (stick with a darker wash – they’re more versatile)
- Black trousers
- A pencil skirt
- Black shorts
- A little black dress (no brainer)
Two New Basics We Love:
- A striped t-shirt. (Any other print could become outdated. Stripes are classy and timeless looking and are a nice change from solid tops.)
- A bold blazer. (A nice change from the normal neutral tones and will add some colorful flare to your professional wardrobe.)
So, in order to show you that it’s more of the quality and not quantity of your clothing that counts; we’ve put together 10 different clothing options for you to take a peek at. All have been put together from the same set of 10 pieces we mentioned above.
Keep in mind; this is not a strict listing of your options, but simply a guideline to show you how it’s done and how versatile each of these pieces can be. Another thing to remember – the key is in accessorizing.
You can make on outfit look completely different by switching out your shoes and jewelry. We paired our getups with black pumps and neutral-toned flats, two pairs of footwear most every woman has on hand.