Rejuvenating Recipes: Try this Organic Green Tea, Lemon & Peppermint Facial Steam
Posted Friday August 10, 2012 1:37 PM GMT
With all the elements our skin braves on a daily basis, it’s a miracle we look as fresh-faced as we do.
Dirt, grease and the sun are just a few of the aspects in our environment that, without the proper shielding, could prove detrimental to our complexions.
So, while you many be an avid user of sunscreen, deep pore cleansers and other products of the sort you may need to implement a little something more into your skincare routine to further cleanse and rejuvenate your outer layer. Enter, the steam facial.
A steam facial is FANTASTIC for skin, as it relaxes muscles, plumps wrinkles (score), eliminates toxins, increases circulation and rids pores of dirt and grime.
If this sounds as enticing to you as it does to us, then follow the recipe below to indulge yourself in a luxurious steam facial at home!
What you’ll need:
- 1/8 cup organic Green Tea
- 1/4 cup dried organic Lemon Balm
- 1-2 tablespoons dried organic peppermint
- Large glass bowl
- Place the green tea, lemon balm, and peppermint into a large glass bowl. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water on the stove to a boil and immediately pour over herbs and tea.
- Place a lid or towel over the glass bowl and allow ingredients to steep for five minutes.
- Once the time has elapsed, place the bowl on a table; drape a towel over your head creating a tent to trap in the steam.
- With eyes closed, hang head over the bowl and steam for 10 minutes.
By: Jessica Bruno