DIY Shoulder Cut Out Top
Posted Monday October 24, 2011 3:50 PM GMT
Give them the cold-shoulder – in a good way!
The cutout trend is one of the sassiest looks of the season and is a great way to show off a little skin!
This style of shirt can be found at most retailers. However, you may have all the materials needed to create this look yourself at home. This shirt can be dressed down or up depending on your personal preference. Try not to get too scissor happy with this project, ok? Ready, set, cut!
What you’ll need:
- A button-down shirt. (Long-sleeve or short-sleeve)
- A pencil
- Needle & thread (Make sure it matches the color of your shirt)
- First, put your shirt on inside out. Now, take off and lay on a flat surface.
- With your pencil, mark a cut line from shoulder to mid-arm.
- Cut on the line with your scissors.
- Fold shirt vertically in half so that you can trace the mirrored cutout design onto the other sleeve.
- Cut other sleeve.
- Fold the rough edges about a ½ inch in so that edges are smooth and then sew them.
Below are some designer looks for inspiration.