DIY Crystal-Encrusted Lanvin Belt
Posted Thursday October 27, 2011 10:12 AM GMT
Glamour girls listen up! The Crystal-Encrusted Lanvin Belt is the epitome of what a beautiful, must-have accessory should look like!
This belt packs enough razzle-dazzle that it could have been featured on the runway solely by itself. It’s the perfect statement piece to any fall outfit, especially with the holidays coming up. This swanky belt will have you feeling festive and sophisticated while all of your friends are left in a fashion trance!
The Lanvin belt itself costs upwards of $1800; a little more than most individuals can commit to. So instead of feeling bummed out about this price tag, turn that frown upside down because we have a little DIY project for you! If you’d like to create this Lanvin-inspired belt at home follow the steps below.
What you’ll need:
- Double-faced satin ribbon (2-3 inches wide)
- Sequin patches
- 1 yard of black felt
- Fabric glue
- Measuring tape
- Measure your waistline, and then add 12 inches to that number. For example, if your waist is 24” around, then you’ll need 36” of ribbon. The added length will allow you to comfortably tie the belt.
- Now, cut the double-faced satin to that particular length.
- Lay the black felt on a flat surface in front of you.
- Arrange the sequin patches in a fashion that you like.
- Once you’ve found a design that you like, apply the fabric glue to the backs of each patch and adhere them to the felt.
- Once the patches have completely dried onto the felt, you’ll need to trim the felt. Snip all of the extra felt around the sequin patches off to create a clean, polished look.
- Once you’ve cut out the sequin/felt design, glue it to the center of the double-faced satin.
- Let dry for 24 hours before wearing the belt.