Hey, Frugal Fashionista!: Try Out This DIY Cap-Toe Shoe Project!
Posted Tuesday April 24, 2012 10:38 AM GMT
Sassy and sophisticated, cap-toe shoes are all the rage in the footwear world this season!
Accented with bright, bold hues or striking metallic colors, these killer kicks are classy and refined enough for daytime wear, yet sexy and glamorous enough to don for a night on the town!
Available in all price ranges, this style has been flying off the shelves and gracing the feet of stylistas everywhere!
However, we’ve got a little project that will allow you to create your own pair of uber-chic shoes without having to spend much cash at all! Follow the simple steps below and you’ll be well on your way to creating a pair of shoes all your gal pals will swoon over!
What you’ll need:
- A pair of patent pumps or flats (any color). *Nude shoes will make your color pop more.
- Neon or Metallic Spray Paint
- Paint Sealer
- Packing tape
- Old towels
- Make sure to set up in a well-ventilated area!
- Tape off about 2 – 2 ½ inches of the front part of your shoe. This is where you’ll apply the color. Tape off the soles of your shoes as well, so that they don’t get paint on them.
- Next, cover your shoes (except for the toes) with the old towels so that they stay paint-free!
- Spray on 2 – 3 coats of spray paint onto the tips of the shoes. Then go over top with the sealer to lock in color and ensure that the paint won’t chip.
- Viola! Be sure to let the shoes dry over night.