Twisted Tresses: How to Get Nina Dobrev's Unique Golden Globe Bun
Posted Tuesday January 15, 2013 1:58 PM GMT
While it’s usually Nina Dobrev’s show-stopping beauty that steals the spotlight, it was her hairstyle that caught our eye at the 14th Annual Warner Bros. & InStyle Golden Globe Awards celebration (January 13).
The “Vampire Diaries” actress rocked a classic bun to the soiree that incorporated an edgy braid within.
Riawna Capri from Nine Zero One Salon was the brains behind the coif and says, “Nina’s dress was very feminine so we wanted to compliment to the look with her hair.” To do so, she went for something, “Sweet and polished with a unique twist.”
We love the unexpected twists and turns in this timeless look, and while it may look complicated, Capri gave us a step-by-step guide on how to recreate it at home.
What you’ll need:
- ULUXURY Shampoo, $43
- ULUXURY Conditioner, $47
- UNITE 7SECONDS Conditioner, $26.25
- UNITE 9-Row Denman Brush, $51.95
- UNITE BEACH DAY, $29.95
- UNITE GO365 Hairspray, $31
- UNITE SHINA-Mist, $26.25
*All products available at Unitehair.com
- To smooth Nina’s hair and add shine, her hair was prepped with U LUXURY Shampoo and Conditioner, which are infused with crushed pearl, Hawaiian white honey and Argan oil. Next, Capri used UNITE 7SECONDS Conditioner to detangle, condition and protect hair.
- Dobrev's hair was then blow-dried using the UNITE 9-Row Denman Brush to smooth the cuticle of her tresses.
- She then flipped her head upside down while Capri completed a classic braid from the nape of Dobrev's neck to the crown of her head.
- All remaining hair was pulled up into a ponytail.
- UNITE BEACH DAY Spray was spritzed throughout the dry ponytail to add density.
- The hair was then wrapped and pinned into a classic bun.
- The final product was held in place using UNITE GO365 Hairspray and polished off with UNITE SHINA-Mist.
By Jessica Bruno