A Sleek Summer Hairdo!: The Twisted Topknot
Posted Tuesday June 12, 2012 10:18 AM GMT
During those sweltering summer days, it’s nice to have a go-to hairstyle that’s not only effortless, but also totally chic.
Enter, the topknot. Giving a much-needed upgrade to the ballerina bun, this mega-glam hairstyle can be seen everywhere from the runway to the realway and even as a popular look at many red carpet events! Julianne Hough, Nicole Richie and Ashley Tisdale are all fans of this sexy ‘do and we here at DIY Fashion have the same feeling, too!
This particular style is fabulous for many reasons. First of all, it’s versatile. This look can be worn to a causal lunch date as well as to a swanky nighttime soiree. It also requires zero heat styling – always a plus for your tresses!
Lastly, it’s beyond easy to accomplish! In just a few simple steps you can take your hair from drab to fab!
So, follow these instructions to bump your hair to A-list status and sport the hottest hairstyle of the summer!
*One thing to remember – you need long hair to pull this look off. The bun sits very high on the head, and short hair simply won’t hold.
What you’ll need:
- Hair ties
- Bobby pins
- A comb
- Pull hair back into a tight ponytail at the top of your head, the higher the better!
- Take the comb and smooth out areas around the ponytail to make for sleek look. Hairspray to keep any flyaways down.
- If you want a more casual, boho style, pull some small pieces out around the frame of your face and/or tease your ponytail to make it have more volume. Disregard if you’re going for a clean-cut version.
- Wrap your hair around the base of the ponytail and secure with bobby pins.
- Hairspray to set everything in place.
Voila! Effortless summertime glam!
Photo Credit: Getty Images