DIY: Create Tousled, Beach-Worthy Tresses at Home!
Posted Thursday March 8, 2012 4:31 PM GMT
If we had a nickel for every time we left the beach with natural-looking, effortless waves, we’d have a lot of moolah.
The crisp ocean breeze, infused with natural sea salts tousle hair just right, creating the perfect beachy waves without you even knowing it - or even trying for that matter!
While we can’t bottle up the ocean air, there is a way you can create this natural looking, beach babe coif in the comfort of your own home! This concoction is very easy to create; the only thing you’ll need to complete the look is some sand between your toes!
What you’ll need:
- 8oz spray bottle
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp vodka
- 2 Tbsp sea salt (do NOT use table salt)
- 1 Tbsp hair gel
- Pour the warm water into the spray bottle.
- Then, add in the coconut oil. *If your hair is really dry, use one or two more tbsps. coconut oil.
- Add the vodka and the sea salt.
- Combine the hair gel with the mixture to ensure a better hold for your hair.
- After all of the ingredients are in, shake the bottle vigorously to mix everything together well enough.
- Spray throughout damp hair and run your fingers through to distribute evenly throughout. Let it air dry.
Any questions? If so, you can find us at the beach…