This DIY Coconut Hair Mask Deserves a Strand-ing Ovation. Try it Today!
Posted Friday March 22, 2013 11:59 AM GMT
By now, you’re all well aware of how obsessed we here at DIY Fashion are of coconut oil.
It can also be applied to your strands; not only to help them grow longer and stronger, but also to enhance your mane's sexy shine.
Here’s how to create a DIY Coconut Hair Mask:
What you’ll need:
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- A hair clip
- A shower cap
- Hair dryer (optional)
* Heat encourages hair follicles to open, allowing moisturizing products to be absorbed quicker and faster.
- Scoop out a handful the coconut oil from its container.
- Flip your head upside down and begin to spread the solution throughout your hair. Saturate every part of your mane — from your roots to your tips.
- Once your tresses are covered, twist your hair up onto the top of your head and secure with a clip.
- Cover with a shower cap.
- If you choose to apply heat, keep the mask on for 15 minutes. If you go sans the hair dryer, keep on for 30 minutes.
- Once the time has elapsed, rinse the treatment from your hair. Shampoo and condition as normal.
By Jessica Bruno