Lend Your Skin a Beauty Boost with this DIY Coconut Lotion!
Posted Wednesday August 8, 2012 3:58 PM GMT
Coconuts are not just for sippin’, dear friends.
While we enjoy this frothy tropical treat as much as the next gal, let it be known that the oils from this bountiful fruit possess qualities that benefit us not only on the inside, but also on the outer!
Full of saturated fats (the good kind), Vitamin E and various proteins, these particular ingredients work together to retain moisture to skin, prevent pre-mature aging and improve the overall appearance and elasticity of skin! Can you say, miracle product?!
So, if you’re itching to get in on all this coco-nutty action, you can put together this DIY recipe for a luxurious body lotion that will soothe skin to perfection and cause it to radiate like never before! It’s quick, simple and makes a generous amount so you can even share the wealth with friends...or just stock up for yourself.
What you’ll need:
- 1 Cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil
- A few drops of essential oils for fragrance (optional)
- A standing mixer or electric hand mixer
- Mixing bowl
- Glass container or mason jar for storage
- Combine all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Mix on high speed or whisk together for 6 -7 minutes, until the consistency is light and whipped.
- Spoon the coconut lotion into storage jar for use. *Keep at room temp.
Moisturize away, mon!
By: Jessica Bruno