Fierce Cosmetic Craze: Pucker Up for Dark, Vampy Lips
Posted Sunday August 5, 2012 4:57 PM GMT
While the fall 2012 runways were chock-full of incredibly stunning fashions, the newly-introduced cosmetic trends debuted on the catwalk are what sent the beauty world all a buzz.
Contoured cheekbones and doll-like lashes are two we immediately well in love with, but the most dramatic and show-stopping look of all was the dark, vampy lips donned by the models.
Mysterious, seductive and oh, so sultry, the mega-saturated deep cherry, burgundy and plum shades are as gothic-glam as beauty gets. Take note: this look is not for the faint of heart. It certainly takes more confidence to don rather than a red lip, but don’t let that shy you away!
Here is how to knock this look out of the park:
- As always, be sure your lips are exfoliated and smooth!
- Choose a shade that compliments your skin tone: fair skin – brick red or berry, medium skin – burgundy or maroon, dark skin – wine hues to deep brown.
- Swipe on with a lip brush, as it allows you more precision while applying.
- Line your lips with a color that is similar to your lipstick shade.
- Apply a second coat of color, blot and debut!
* Dark lip shades can thin out your pucker, so when you’re lining your lips it’s ok to cheat a little bit. Take the pencil SLIGHTLY outside of your natural lip line to create a fuller pout.
To complete this bombshell look, sweep some bronzer on your cheekbones, brown shadow in the creases of your eyes, slick on a few coats of mascara and you’re ready to go!
Here are 10 shades we love...
By: Jessica Bruno