DIY: Treat Your Tips to a Stylish Matted Mani
Posted Sunday March 10, 2013 10:55 AM GMT
Matte nail polish took manicures to a whole new level. The trendy finish is a nice change from shiny varnishes and really packs the wow factor to your fingertips.
One Nail to Rule Them All took the plunge with matted polish, and created a look we just had to replicate. We especially love the triangular shapes at the base of the nail, and were surprised to find out how easy they were to create!
What you’ll need:
- Barry M - Lychee
- Collection 2000 BMX Bandit
- White acrylic paint
- Striping tape
- Apply two coats of Barry M Lychee to every nail, except the one on your ring finger.
- Apply two coats of Collection 2000 BMX Bandit to your ring finger.
- Once all nails have completely dried, apply striping tape to the base of your cuticles to create a triangle.
- Create a nude triangle on the blue nail, and blue triangles on the nude nails.
- Once the shapes have dried, create small dots with white acrylic paint.
Photo Credit: One Nail to Rule Them All