NYC DIY-er Shows How to Make Jessica Alba's "I Love Taco" Friendship Bracelet
Posted Friday August 23, 2013 6:15 AM GMT
We’ve worn a lot of friendship bracelets in our day, but none of the “I love taco” sort.
Created by Brooklyn-based jewelry designer Vanessa Arizaga, the quirky, yet stylish wrist candy boasts a message we all could agree on, eh? Even Jessica Alba herself has been spotted donning the fun accessory this summer.
Arizaga’s version will run you $55, but the crafty DIY-er is here to show us how to make our own charming taco creation for less — in under 5 minutes!
What you’ll need:
- Measure your string out to about 15 inches. Then, cut.
- Take the beeswax, and rub it along the string to keep things taught while beading.
- To make the first knot, cross one of the ends over itself twice — essentially creating a double knot.
- Take an eyeball bead and feed the string through its hole.
- Create a second double knot.
- String on a heart bead and follow with another double knot.
- String on a “u” bead and create yet another double knot.
- Secure the ends with double knots, and then cut off any excess string.
- Wrap around your wrist and — voila! — you now have a celeb-approved friendship bracelet.