DIY Oscar de la Renta-Inspired Tassel Earrings
Posted Friday November 11, 2011 10:02 AM GMT
Oscar de la Renta is the go-to man for elegant, sophisticated fashions.
Everything he touches turns to fashion gold, and these pearl and crystal clip drop earrings are no exception.
These earrings are the epitome of luxury and sophistication - dripping with cobalt blue crystals and capped off with timeless pearls. However, if you have Oscar de la Renta taste on a Forever 21 budget, these $795 earrings may be slightly out of reach.
But don't you worry, there is a DIY project you can do to create this stunning accessory. Not only is this project easy - but the final product is sure to have any frugal fashionista looking like a million bucks!
What you’ll need:
- Silver wire earrings
- 2 silver-tone cap beads
- 2 silver & crystal dish beads
- Pre-strung cobalt blue seed beads
- Beading thread
- To begin, take seven strands of beads and tie a knot at the top of all of them. Allow about 4-5 inches, and then cut them apart.
- Be sure to make each strand approximately 2½ inches long. Double knot each strand at the end. To ensure each strand stays knotted, include a seed bead to the end of each knot.
- Cut the long strand at the top of the knot
- Thread a piece of 7-inch beading thread through the knot you just tied at the top of the bead strand.
- Then, string the dish bead on. Now cap.
- Once again, add one seed bead on top of the cap to ensure its placement.
- Tie on the earring hook.
- Repeat these steps for the second earring.