DIY Fur Band Bracelet
Posted Friday November 4, 2011 9:43 AM GMT
We spy, with our trendy little eye, fur – everywhere!
The fur trend has truly taken the fashion world by storm dominating everything from clothing to handbags and now, jewelry!
Phillip Lim designed a line of fur band bracelets that are swanky, fabulous and give your wrist a whole lot of attitude. Wearing this bracelet will add a stylish pop to any outfit and will deem you the ultimate trendsetter!
What you’ll need:
- Strong craft glue
- 4-inches of faux fur trim
- A watchband, sans the watch face (Leather, suede, reptile skin, etc…)*
- Lay your watchband down right side up on a flat surface.
- Spread craft glue from the band’s buckle up to whatever hole you'll be closing the band with. Make sure not to cover this hole.
- Take your 4-inch piece of faux fur trim and place it directly onto the glue.
- Allow 20 minutes for the bracelet to completely dry.
*This look can also be made with some leather zipper trim. Lim designs a double wrap fur bracelet that’s made with this material. Essentially, you create the bracelet the same exact way, just with zipper trim instead of a watchband. Another difference is that you only glue on enough fur trim to cover half the zipper trim. You want to be able to see some of the zipper.